Buying A Home
We have been helping buyers move into homes they love for more than 25 years! No matter if you are a first-time homebuyer, are relocating to the area or are looking to downsize, purchasing a new home is a big milestone and there are a lot of moving parts and things to consider. We are here to walk you through the process every step of the way.
WILL YOU HAVE REPRESENTATION?
Sellers list their homes with real estate agents to ensure professional representation throughout the home selling process. As a buyer, you deserve the same kind of representation. A buyer agent brings the experience, knowledge, and network of professionals needed to get the job done right. There is a lot that we do along the way:
IT IS ABOUT YOU!
The process begins with a meeting to access your wants, needs and desires including home styles, types and sizes, locations, your personal timetable, financing strategy and any other special considerations. We then formulate a buying plan just for you.
You need to determine your buying power which is defined by your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. Knowing the amount you are qualified to borrow will keep your home search goals realistic and get your new home search off to a good start. We work with a number of excellent mortgage officers in the area and will refer you to the lenders that will be the best fit for you.
Any agent can help you find properties already on the market but we go the extra mile to also search for off-market opportunities. Because things move so quickly in our market, it is important that we actively search for homes for our buyers. Here are some of the things you can expect…
· Targeted search with your wants, needs and wishes in mind. We help you focus your time and energy on a home search that meets your needs and you’ll receive new listings the moment they hit the market.
· We are always on the look out for For-Sale-By-Owner properties that match our buyer’s needs.
· We send out mailings to homes not currently listed for sale in a particular area our buyer is interested in, looking for a homeowner who may be ready to sell.
· We often include our buyers along with their search criteria in our monthly newsletter “Your Neighborhood ” which is mailed to 4,000 area homes and we often have success matching up buyers and sellers this way.
· Early access to coming soon listings. We are very active presenting Marketing & Pricing Proposals for potential sellers. Last year we completed 140 analyses for area homeowners who were looking to sell at some point in the future. As these sellers list their properties, our buyers will always be the first to hear about them.
· Other off-market opportunities. Sometimes the home you are seeking is available but not publicly advertised. Knowing where to look is the key and we have many resources to assist you.
PROVIDING MARKET INFORMATION
Only you can make the final decision on the property that is right for you, but we can provide objective data about each home (neighborhood data, utilities, schools, zoning, etc.) so your decision is well informed. In fact, we perform the same analysis on a home’s value for our buyers that we do for a seller client before listing their home. It is part of our job to be sure you are making a good investment.
STRUCTURING YOUR PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT
Price is not always the only consideration when structuring a purchase and sale agreement. There are other elements that are equally as important to you and to a seller, such as the type of financing you’re using, your building inspection plans, your timeframe for closing and the amount of your deposit. Each property and each seller is unique and we have the experience to structure an offer that will protect your interests and lead to a successful closing.
NEGOTIATING WITH SELLERS
Getting a property under contract is a BIG step in the process but there are inevitably issues that come up after we go under contract that might include inspection items, boundary line or title issues, and appraisals to name just a few. We have the experience and resources to handle any issues that come up along the way, negotiating a solution with the sellers and their agent and getting you to the closing table.
HANDLING ALL THE DETAILS
Finding you the right home is only part of our job. A lot has to happen between signing the purchase and sale agreement and moving into your new home! There are lots of disclosures and paperwork, timelines that need to be strictly followed and needed services from other professionals such as inspectors, appraisers, surveyors, attorneys, and title companies. We are here to manage and take care of all the details for you and to make the buying process is as seamless and easy as possible.
ITS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST
Make sure you have someone who is working just for you – not the seller- and is walking you through each step of the homebuying process with your goals, needs and interests in mind all the way through to the closing table. As Exclusive Buyer Agents, we are those advisors and we have excited to help you find your new home. Let’s get started!